We provide customized firmware design services. We custom manufacture embedded systems for devices using STM32, PIC32, Rockchip and Amlogic processors.
We can provide:
- Customized digital solutions for your business tasks
- Firmware solutions based on RockChip and Amlogic SoCs
- OTA server updates for OEM Devices
We have experience with the following Product Customization:
- Android TV boxes
- Android Devices
- Digital Signage
- Wireless Sensor Hardware
- Monitoring Software
- Wireless Sensor Behavior
- Custom Enclosures
- Custom Power Options
- Water Alarms
- Bluetooth Devices
- Wireless Consumer Devices
We can offer development For:
- Various RF Platforms
(Proprietary, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and More)
- Gateway Development
(Cellular, Serial Modbus, TCP/IP and More)
- New Sensor Types
- Embedded IO
- Battery Options
- Antenna Options
- Mechanical Customization
- Cellular Platform Development
Why develop with us?
We ensure firmware reliability by following the following practices:
- We focus on coding in C for STM32 & PIC32
- For the price to quality/performance ratio we recommend STM32 & PIC32
- We use generally accepted Firmware coding standards – We adhere to most of the Linux Kernel coding style. We internally audit our source code against a checklist of coding principles for firmware. We like to use designs that allow for user-friendly Over the Air (OTA) firmware upgrades.
- We build in engineering teams and cross-train.
- Project Teams: We have a team of electronics engineers on each project. We generally have 2 firmware developers, 1 hardware developer and 1 for quality assurance (QA). Having a team speeds up debugging which we all know eats up a lot of valuable time.
- Cross-training: most of the toughest bugs arise at when the hardware interplays with the Firmware. Cross-training helps with problem-solving. We train everyone in PCB design, PCB troubleshooting, RF, EMC, mechanical design and manufacturing. This way our team members can be aware of challenges and opportunities that exist in the other disciplines.
We do Design for Testing to ensure Quality Assurance.
QA is not about lots of testing, it’s beginning with the end in mind. We carefully and methodically define a matrix of requirements and their test procedures, so that code is compliant enough such that most testing becomes unnecessary.
By ensuring a high level of test-ability throughout development and production, we speed up validation and industrialization of our designs.
We create impeccable Documentation
At a high level, we document every project through internal Evernote-based wikis.
The most important elements of our documentation are:
– Well-built readme files for every repository, including all necessary instructions to review, compile and test the code
– Repositories management
Effective version control is a storyline which depicts the evolution and decision-making path of a project, as well as the user manual for reusable code. All source code is Doxygen compatible and all releases are properly tagged so automatic changelogs are created. We believe in the advantages of following git-flow, enforce conventional comments and implement a slightly modified flavor of semantic versioning.
Get Started Today
Submit Request for Quote (RFQ) for obligation-free project consultation and estimate.
Why Choose IG8?
Get In Touch or Get A Quote
Please place file(s) for transfer in the same folder and ZIP or RAR before attaching. Larger attachments can take a few minutes to transfer depending on your local internet speed. For attachments over 20MB, click WeTransfer and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“IG8 was helpful in taking our concept, improving on it and then producing working units in just two months. This is quite a quick turnaround time. We used other vendors in the past and it took twice as long as was three times more expensive. Keep up the great work IG8!”Lukas J.Concept to Mass Production in 2 months!
“IG8 has truly performed in the top 3% of the suppliers we’ve worked with. They meet deadlines and deliver excellent work in a cost-effective manner. Their Western project managers are a big asset as they improve communication and eliminate the chances of error when dealing with the Chinese factories.”Michael M.Performance in the top 3%
“We’ve been using IG8 for several orders now. Production quality is always meets our expectations and there are low defective rates. When a minor issue does arise, IG8 gets on it immediately and makes sure that it doesn’t happen again. We look forward to working with IG8 for many more years to come.”James M.Couldn’t Be Happier!