If you need a hollow, thin wall bottle, tank or enclosure made from plastic, then you’ll need to have it blow molded. During the blow molding process, the plastic resin material is melted and then formed to create your desired hollow part. There are three blow molding processes we specialize in: extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding and stretch blow molded parts.
Plastic Blow Molding – Extrusion, Injection & Stretch Blow Moulds – LDPE HDPE PET PVC PP
Types of Blow Molding at-a-glance:
- Extrusion Blow Mold (EBM) – A hot tube of plastic, called a parison, is dropped through an extruder into a water-cooled mold. Once the mold is closed, air is blown into the neck until the plastic forms into the desired blow molded part shape. This is the simplest blow moulding method.
- Injection Blow Mold (IBM) – Air is inflated into a hot and hollow parison (tube of plastic), into a mold and inflate it until the plastic conforms to the mold cavity design.
- Stretch Blow Mold (ISBM) – 2-step process where plastic is injection molded into a “perform.” Performs are made with bottle neck with threads on one end. Packaging is wrapped around the perform. Next, the perform is inserted into the blow mold. Air is inflated into the plastic until it it conforms to the mold cavity shape. While this process is more capital intensive and is recommended more for low production volumes and short runs.
Not sure if IG8 can help out on your blow mold part? Ask us today! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Blow Molding Materials:
We can use low to high density materials to make everything from beverage bottles and medical tanks, to industrial fuel tanks and more.
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyethylene Terephtalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Blow Molded Part Benefits:
- Threaded necks and internal threads
- Bends, convoluted and other complex forms
- Varying material thickness and high tolerance
- Integrally molded handles
- Plastic / metal inserts
- Riveted-on extrusions
- Undercuts and flanges to facilitate post assembly operations
- Additives including flame retardants
- Color matching
- Materials include HDPE, LDPE, MDPE, PP, ABS, PET, PVC, Post-Consumer Recycled HD, glass filled nylon and types of TPR
No matter what your blow molding project requirement is, we can help. We provide precision Blow Molding with expertly trained personnel. Submit your obligation free RFQ below.
Get Started Today
Submit Request for Quote (RFQ) for obligation-free project consultation and estimate.
Why Choose IG8?
Get In Touch or Get A Quote
Please place file(s) for transfer in the same folder and ZIP or RAR before attaching. Larger attachments can take a few minutes to transfer depending on your local internet speed. For attachments over 20MB, click WeTransfer and send to email@example.com.
“IG8 was helpful in taking our concept, improving on it and then producing working units in just two months. This is quite a quick turnaround time. We used other vendors in the past and it took twice as long as was three times more expensive. Keep up the great work IG8!”Lukas J.Concept to Mass Production in 2 months!
“IG8 has truly performed in the top 3% of the suppliers we’ve worked with. They meet deadlines and deliver excellent work in a cost-effective manner. Their Western project managers are a big asset as they improve communication and eliminate the chances of error when dealing with the Chinese factories.”Michael M.Performance in the top 3%
“We’ve been using IG8 for several orders now. Production quality is always meets our expectations and there are low defective rates. When a minor issue does arise, IG8 gets on it immediately and makes sure that it doesn’t happen again. We look forward to working with IG8 for many more years to come.”James M.Couldn’t Be Happier!